Lower backache is common health issue among young people, middle-aged and seniors. It is a condition that can turn your daily activities into a suffering. With backaches, you cannot drive, sit, walk or even lift something heavy for too long. Back pain can occur due to various reasons that include ruptured disks, improper diet, excessive physical labor, lack of physical exercises, pregnancy, and poor sitting posture. Since this painful condition is unbearable, it is wise to know some remedies that can provide quick relief and let you enjoy life. Below are ten useful home remedies to help you get rid of lower backache.
10 Home Remedies for Back Pain
1. Get a massage Along with numerous benefits, a massage is a proven method that offers backache relief. There are various kinds of massage for lower backache. According to multiple health studies, benefits of a massage can last up to six months. However, you are advised to look for a professional therapist to help you relieve the pain. You can also consider getting a massage chair at home for deep relation or consider massage with olive oil. A gentle massage with olive oil can help to release joints stiffness and reduce muscle tension, hence reducing back pain.
2. Exercise your core The strength of muscles in the back and core is essential for supporting the lower spine. In most cases, people ignore these muscles. And to get rid of back pain, including your day-to-day routine a simple exercise of 20-30 minutes to exercise your core can help. One recommended way is sitting upright on an exercise ball.
3. Apply heat and ice Ice is a great pain reliever that temporarily blocks the pain signals. Hence wrap a pack of ice in a towel and place it around the painful area for around 20-minutes. You should repeat it numerous times during the day. Another option is putting a bag of frozen corns or peas on the lower back. It is useful and will help get rid of the pain. After 48-hours, change to the heat method. For heat technique, dip the towel in warm water and then wring it and place it around the painful area. Let it stay for 20minutes or 30minutes. Do this several times a day, for some days.
4. Discharge your inner endorphins Most people do not know that inner endorphin is as intense as the manufactured pain treatment. When you release the internal endorphins, you block the pain signals from reaching the brain. It also helps to release things associated with chronic back pain such as stress, anxiety, and depression. Hence, consider involving yourself in meditation, aerobic exercises, yoga and massage therapy. For massage therapy, consider getting a massage chair.
5. Proper breathing Meditation includes deep breath that brings more body relaxation and awareness. Proper breathing has numerous health benefits such as reducing stress and helping to alleviate lower backache.
6. Stretching If you can manage to do some stretching every day, it can help to get rid of lower backache. Most people do stand or sit down for long hours without breaks. It is always good to take a few breaks for 5-10 minutes and do some stretching.
7. Drink lemon juice Most naturopaths recommend lemon juice as an excellent home remedy for lower backache. Drinking a glass of lemon juice twice every day can help to reduce the pain
8. Yoga and music therapy Yoga does provide numerous health benefits and alleviating backache is one of them. Since there are many yoga poses, it is wise to research for the best pose that will help you reduce the pain. One excellent yoga pose that can help reduce lower backache is Cat Pose. Music therapy is another unique way to get rid of back pain caused by stress. Music will offer body relaxation, calm down the mind and reduce stress.
9. Get enough sleep Lack of enough sleep can lead to pain, mainly lower back pain. Most chronic backache sufferers have insomnia. Hence, if you only treat the pain without addressing the sleeping problem correctly, you will not solve the issue.
10. Check your posture To get rid of lower backache, always keep a good body posture. When standing or sitting down, you should not bend your body for a long time.